Cyclist Flexibility Exercise Library
1. Sit on the floor, with your back straight. Extend your legs in front of you, slightly more than hip-width apart. 2. Lift yourself as tall as you can from the base on your spine. Ground your hips into the floor. 3. Lift up and out of your hips as you pull in your lower abdominals. Twist from your waist to the left, keeping your hips squared and grounded. 4. Slowly return to the centre. 5. Lift up and out of your hips again, twisting in the other direction. 6. Return to the centre. Repeat.
Chest and Front Deltoids Stretch
1. Stand straight with your arms behind your back and your hands clasped together. 2. Pinch your shoulder blades together as you reach and lift your arms away from your body, making sure to keep your elbows straight. 3. Hold for 15 seconds before returning your arms to the starting position. Repeat.
1. Standing with your feet parallel and shoulder-width apart, gently grasp the side of your head with your right hand. 2. Tilt your head towards your raised elbow until you feel the stretch in the side of your neck. 3. Turn your head towards your right shoulder, as you continue to feel the stretch. 4. Hold for 15 seconds, and repeat.
Upper and Lower Back Stretch
1. Sit on the floor or on an exercise mat, with your legs extended in front of you, your ankles bent at a 90-degree angle so that your toes point towards the ceiling. 2. Loosely clasp your hands, and rest your forearms on your knees, bending your torso forwards from your hips. 3. Without bouncing continue to lean forwards, concentrating on stretching your entire spine. 4. Hold at your lowest point for about 15 seconds, and repeat.
1. Sit on the floor and extend your legs in front of you in parallel position. Bend your knees slightly, keeping your heels on the floor. 2. Grasp beneath your hamstrings with your hands. 3. Keeping your chin down, round your upper back down as you lean back towards the floor. Hold for 10 to 15 seconds. 4. Slowly roll up to the starting position, and repeat if desired.
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent. 2. Bring your left ankle over your right knee, resting it on your thigh. Place both hands around your right thigh. 3. Gently pull your right thigh towards your chest until you feel the stretch in your buttocks. Hold for 15 seconds and switch sides. Repeat sequence on your left leg.