top of page
Triathlete's Intermediate Stretching Rou...
Standing Quadriceps Stretch
1. Stranding with your feet together. Bend your left leg behind you, and grasp your foot with your left hand. Pull your heel towards your buttocks until you feel a stretch in the front of your thigh. Keep both knees together and aligned. 2. Hold for 15 seconds. Repeat sequence three times on each leg.
1. Kneel with your left knee bent, your toe pointed and extended behind you on the floor. Bend your right leg so that your right foot is flat on the floor, next to your left knee. 2. Position your hands on the floor just beyond shoulder-width apart, slightly in front of your body, with palms downwards. 3. Sit back on your left heel as you lean slightly forwards. 4. Release the stretch, switch legs and repeat.
Unilateral Seated Forwards Bend
1. Sit on the floor, sitting up as straight as possible, with your legs extended in front of you in parallel position. 2. Bend your right leg until it is turned out, with the bottom of your right foot resting at your left inner thigh just above the kneecap. Rest your hands on your knee. 3. Bend from your waist, and lean forwards over your left leg. Place your forearms above your left kneecap. 4. Switch legs, and repeat on the other side.
Supine Figure 4
1. Lie on your back with your legs extended and toes pointed. 2. Bend your right knee and turn the leg out so that your right ankle rests on your left thigh just above the knee, creating a figure 4. 3. Bend your left leg, drawing both legs (still in the figure 4 position) in towards your chest as you grasp the back of your left thigh. 4. Push your right elbow against your right inner thigh, turning out the right leg slightly to increase the intensity of the stretch. 5. Return to the starting position, switch legs and repeat.
Side-Lying Knee Bend
1. Lie on your left side, with your legs extended together in line with your body. Extend your left arm, and rest your head on your upper arm. 2. Bend your right knee and grasp the ankle with your right hand. 3. Pull your ankle in towards your buttocks as you stretch. 4. Return to the starting position, and repeat on the other side.
Side-Lying Rib Stretch
1. Lie on your right side with your legs together and extended. Place both palms on the floor, your right arm supporting you and your left arm positioned in front of your body. Your upper body should be slightly lifted. 2. Bend your left leg and rest the foot just in front of your right thigh, knee pointing up towards the ceiling. 3. Keeping your legs in place, press down with your hands and straighten both arms as you raise your body upwards, feeling a stretch around your right rib cage. 4. Release, switch sides and repeat.
Spinal Rotation Stretch
1. Lie on your back, with both legs elongated and parallel and your arms extended away from your torso, palms facing up. 2. Bend your right leg, placing the sole of your foot on the floor. 3. Carefully lift your buttocks off the floor, tilting your torso slightly to your left, and cross your right leg over to your left side, with your knee bent at a right angle. 4. Hold, return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
bottom of page